SQL Record Check Failure Results in Database Corruption
MS SQL is one of the popular and widely used Relational Database Management Systems. If you find a chance to work on various RDBMS packages you will notice that MS SQL is one of the best among all. It is most popular commercial and open source database which is based on relational model and being used by large number of enterprises for the safe and easy management of huge databases. But like other databases SQL users also experience problems while accessing the stored records as sometimes it happens that SQL record check failure occurs due to which you come across various error messages.
It is quite common to receive error messages even in MS SQL while accessing the database. Most of the users have experienced that they are unable to access the data from tables due to occurrence of SQL error 2337. The error usually appears in below format:
"Table error: Object ID O_ID, index ID I_ID, page P_ID, row ROW_ID. Record check (CHECK_TEXT) failed. Values are VALUE1 and VALUE2."
As a result of this error message database gets corrupted and becomes inaccessible. This error can appear in various circumstances and after its occurrence you are unable to access the database in spite of numerous efforts. The root cause behind the occurrence of SQL error 2337 is SQL record check failure which occurs when CHECK_TEXT for testing integrity of ROW_ID is performed by SQL and it fails to perform. The Value1 and Value2 which appears in above error message is depends on the state of error message as shown below:
- State 40- Value2 is less than Value1
- State 43- Value2 is shorter than Value1
- State 100- Value2 is 0 and Value1 has invalid record type, which is record on the data page
- State 101- Value2 is less than Value1
- State 510- Value2 is less than Value1 for node type BLB_LARGE_ROOT or BLB_LARGE_ROOT_2, BLB_LARGE_INTERNAL
In order to resolve the problem appears due to SQL record check failure and repair the damaged database you need to follow below cited steps:
- Restore corrupt SQL database with available backup
- Execute DBCC CHECKDB utility to check the integrity of database
- Make use of third-party MS SQL Database Repair Software in order to repair and restore corrupt SQL database
After following above mentioned steps you will be able to fix SQL error 2337 and able to access your database easily.